View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

Bit of an update on this flash. The firmware update is available from their website now. I hadn't sent the flash off to get updated because I've been using manual mode

Downloaded the setup.exe ....

Hmm, downloaded the firmware update, installed it as per the instructions to the letter, followed the tutorial, got the white screen on the flash LCD display which supposedly indicates it's in download mode, plugged in the USB cable, clicked download, and keep getting "download failed" error messages.

When I had plugged the flash into the USB, I got the usual message about Windows finding new hardware. FIrst time around I just cancellled this, as there was nothing in the tutorial or installation instructions about it. After the above failed error messages, I went through the hardware installation wizard and manually chose the directory that the software had installed to, which was
C:\Program Files\Di866_DM by default. This worked and drivers did install. Second time around the update did work.

Second "gotchya" is that I couldn't figure out how to get the flash out of it's download mode (LCD is white). I just pulled the batteries out and put them back in.

If anyone has the correct way of doing it, please let me know.

That said, the flash now appears to work fine in ETTL mode on my 5DII http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...icon_smile.gif smiles all around. Back on track, still a wonderful, good value flash.