View Single Post
Old 27-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mekon View Post
Interesting comment Moreton. I placed my name on the AP 140mm list many years ago. Found out that they were never going to make this model again, and assumed my name would be transferred to another list. A couple of years ago I was advised that AP do not actively do this, so I just went and bought the CFF. I think Peter must have requested a transfer sometime in the past 20 years.
The only list I hadn’t put my name on was the AP160...as I could not see a significant advantage it had over my AP155 EDF (4” focuser).

BTW, I had a chance to compare/test against the FSQ85...the result is the FSQ85 has a flatter field compared to the Stowaway in its native configuration, but add the AP FFC to the Stowaway and that reverses...the AP produced perfect stars right to the edge of the chip, with the FSQ showing a smidge of coma in the corners.

The AP focuser was decidedly more precise and showed no image shift which although tiny, was noticable in the Taka. Colour correction was marginally tighter in the AP. I have yet to test the AP reducer/corrector, as thay have yet to ship the EOS camera adapters which are due to ship in the new year.