View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 05:57 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrockso View Post
Hey Folk!

Thanks for building up such an informative community. It has been very helpful so far.

I recently bought a used 150EQ. It was nice and cheap and meant that if we (the family) lost interest, our buy in was low. The mount is a bit wobbly (even wind) and the finder scope is utter rubbish(plastic with so much play that adjusting it using the knobs moves the FS in its mount completely moving alignment). But the scope works :-)

But as it seems, I need more. Last night we managed to see Saturn through the 10mm EP and that was great but man it was small. So i'm looking to buy new Barlow I think, to double or triple the existing 10&20mm EPs we have.

Now I dont particularly want to buy more cheap ... stuff so what would be recommended and while i'm asking questions. Does the Barlow affect the FoV at all?
I understand I will be spending more then I did on the scope on any EPs and Barlow's and I guess that's ok.

Cheers all

John
Welcome from me John.

May I suggest you dont run off and buy stuff but concentrate on getting what you have working as best you can get it..the mount for example presumably can be made solid, I have fixed a couple with simple things like more weight tighten this or that... if you find the mount no good for the stuff you have you may want to fix your site on a better mount...everything turns on the mount...so before you spend money think how that could go to a good mount...

But have fun with what you have ..even if the mount is a beast try and work around it and see what you can see. To do so will help you work out direction.

Good luck its nice to have you here.

alex