View Single Post
Old 13-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Sab (Sebastian)

Beginner, but not really, but sort of...

Hi All...

So, I've finally joined an astronomy forum. I don't have a telescope, my eyesight is terrible and my knowledge of the cosmos goes as far as what I have learned over the last 29 years of being on this planet.

I've always enjoyed looking at things without having to really learn about them. The funny thing is, over the years of marvelling at the beauty of the universe I've managed to pick up quite a bit...

I aim to rectify the problem of not having a telescope, as soon as I figure out what I want. It seems that until recently, people didn't believe that Dobsonians were any good at astrophotography... and why would they be if they didn't have the ability to track objects?

Which is why i'm very interested in the Skywatcher 10'' Dob WITH tracking and direct DSLR connection... I still haven't worked out if this is a new or old release but it seems to be my exact cup of tea.

Now, I know that some of you might say WAIT! Don't go jumping in the deep end too quickly... But I must warn you, i'm a stubborn person and I won't listen.

So anyway... if anyone has any suggestions as far as decent scope dealers and hardware recommendations, i'd love to hear from you.

Cheers!

Sebastian.