View Single Post
Old 29-01-2019, 06:46 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

I run the focusser through it's travel fairly often and it works about as smoothly as you could expect, but mirror shift is still a problem if you have to change direction of travel, enough that if you are guiding you generally have to restart that as the guide star will most likely move outside the search box on the focus direction change.

I have seen mention of a Moonlite external crayford type that has provision to fit a reducer inside the focusser so it moves with the drawtube, retaining the correct spacing as you change focus. But I an wary about spending money on this scope that could easily add up to the cost of a reasonable fast astrograph newt.

I am having a hard time researching at the moment, NBN recently did "maintenance" on our fixed wireless tower, it is not an improvement. We have gone from having maybe 40% of the advertised speeds in peak time (That being when you know, people are at home and awake to use it) to about 5% and we are back in the dark ages of failed page loads and timeouts.