View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 11:52 PM
oosh (Jason)
Citizen of the Cosmos

Hi all

I'm Jason from Brisbane, and I wouldn't even class myself a NEWBIE astronomer! - I don't have a scope (i've looked through one once), binos, or much knowledge of the stars, constellations, globular clusters, galaxies, or anything really. BUT, I love space, the universe in all it's vastness and the wonder that comes with being apart of it.

I joined this forum after lurking for a long time, not really knowing much of what I've been reading, but being intrigued nonetheless. I happen to be user Shelltree's (Shelley) partner which is also the reason for my joining. We share the hobby of photography (just the regular kind so far ) which is is my main love, so it was only logical for me to eventually cross over and dabble in a little bit of astronomy too

We've been lucky to have Ron invite us to an astro night he's holding this weekend, so I look forward to meeting some new people and learning some new things up that way, as well as reading the forum here and doing a whole bunch of reading and learning everywhere

I won't bore you by rambling on anymore in my first post - just saying hi for now Thanks for reading.