View Single Post
Old 21-07-2011, 08:06 AM
hotspur (Chris)

Football team photograph-need some pointers

Hello.

The local football team has asked me to do a few help out jobs over the last year-they cottoned on to the fact one of my hobbies is photography,and asked if it was possible to do a 'team shot' of them on Saturday-I told them I'd be happy to have a go-but not to expect the same results as the Bronco's full time photographer.

I have a 10-22 mm lens and a 17-55 IS lens and two bodies,so I could try with these?I have a huge gold/silver difusser thingy-and I mean huge-I could sail a boat with it! also a EX 430 flash with bracket thing I can get it of body and a little 'lumiquest' soft box thing, So any advice on how I could use the above to get some sort of reasonable shot would be good.

The main thing-which way to face the team in relation to the sun?? No good have the facing the sun-squinting and very uncomfortable looking into sun-Do I have their backs to sun,and have assistant hold gold reflector so bounces light into their faces and use the flash?-what settings would be best? Thanks for any pointers-cheers C

Last edited by hotspur; 24-07-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: detail