View Single Post
Old 25-10-2019, 07:02 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

I got an old broom handle and marked off the length and put some soft tape over the end to protect the mirror. Then I inserted it from the back to check the distance. I think I'm close. I can probably iterate from here with star tests,

On the issue of the secondary marker: with the use of a laser I think I've worked out that the secondary marker circle is very slightly off centre. With the focuser removed, I got the laser attached using the same adapter for the tak scope. I could see the laser form a point back on itself.

When I put the focuser back on, and attached the laser, and then rotated the focuser, it made a small circle around the mid point. I think I need to collimate my Moonlite focuser. I'm going to send off a message to find out how, since a video showing what to do has bits that mine does not seem to have. I should point out that before I put the focuser on, I made the collimation as good as I could get with the tak scope.

At this point, I'm not sure if I can properly test the system since the focuser is not correct.