View Single Post
Old 29-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Bunn View Post
then i tested how the collimation held throughout the night and in the areas where i was getting the elongation.

First there are 2 collimation tests at the zenith some time appart and with much slewing in between. then there are 2 test - one over the south and one over the north. It appears collimation held also. However, if looking closely, there seems to be a minor amount of movement between the 2 zenith tests.
looks to me like something is moving in the scope Joshua, which is surprising given how well they appear to be built. the second zenith image definitely shows some collimation offset - Poisson's spot should be central and it looks like it is down and to the left.
If the primary is stable, is it possible that one of the correcting lenses is slightly loose or is there any movement around that assembly? I read that the CDK design is extremely sensitive to positioning/alignment of the corrector lenses. The secondary is spherical - that component should be fairly tolerant of minor shifts.

Last edited by Shiraz; 29-08-2013 at 02:08 PM.