View Single Post
Old 16-11-2010, 08:42 PM
tempestwizz (Brian)

I've only just spotted this thread, but I have had a similar problem with IC Capture, but I have a feeling its actually related to the CA Antivirus.
I had so much trouble with other programs appearing to install, but then have missing drivers, and, in additon the laptop (Dell Inspiron with XP SP3)slowing to a grind that I rebuilt it. Seemed good for a while, but then I installed the IC capture with the AV disabled. It appeared to work for a while, but then, as you say, some of the files were not readable with Registax, and then it would not go back to 'live view' propserly.If you licked live view on/off then Live view appeared to work, but that action somehow started recording without notice. (I had problems with Registax loading and running properly also)
I swapped to another laptop (Toshiba Qosmio 64bit Windows7) I have here, running Windows 7 and Nortons AV and have had absolutely no problems with any of the programs since. I just have this feeling there is an issue caused by CA AV software when it comes to allowing device drivers to install and function properly.

Brian C