View Single Post
Old 13-10-2019, 10:57 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Major step forward.
Was able to purchase a small 1.6 kw air conditioner for the van but just thought should have got two one for the van and one for the observatory.
What I realise is management of heat is going to be a huge problem for both the van and the observatory.
Both need to be under tarps as a first step...next a fan system for both constructions. It would be good to finally have a system that powered up and can supply power to two air conditioners for days you need to do something..but if your not there to have something kick in when temp reaches say 30...I painted all windows exposured to direct Sunlight with with paint...surprising how that helped.
For the van I am thinking two poles either end with a rope between do you can put up a trap pup tent style...digging the holes...need a post hole digger..manual $90 mmm maybe a fancy petrol one...got the poles not 10 meters away..the ones cut down to clear the spot.. they are big but this timber looks like spotty gum but it is lite weight ...so I could probably manage one...and that little cordless chain saw can cut them..I would not like to try the cordless on spotty or iron bark...although it has been a surprise since day one..it's great.
But when working inside the observatory last week doing some footing work...I keep adding more..it was pretty hot but surprisingly cool inside...but I wish I had put wool in the roof ...I am thinking of adding wool and another cladding layer..roofing iron seems the way to go..more fire proof has become an issue...need to have its own sprinkler system that you have to hopefully hold the fire at bay..I like the idea of doing much more to insulate...going to put bean bag balls between the ground and the floor...probably encased in concrete...

I think I will cover the roof of the observatory with solar panels and stick insulation under them so they can do a roofing job.
It seems the more I do the more there is to be done.