View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016, 12:49 AM
pgc hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenswale View Post
Super to see the scope working so well for you!

I have enjoyed your obs, but have a question. How do you note what you see and do? I have given up using an ordinary note pad, because it reduces dark adaption, no matter how dim the red light. I guess that a place paper pad and white pen would be the go? But then, maybe younger eyes would be of benefit too!

Wren
Hi Wren, good to hear from you mate! How's the hobby treating you these days?

After using this scope for a good while on all targets under all conditions and seeing from crap to epic, I can only say it is excellent

I just use paper with a clipboard to take notes. I use one of those adjustable red LED astronomy flashlights, mine being a Celestron USA made model from 1998! I haven't noticed any issues with my dark adaption. What's funny is that I can see my stuff and surroundings from this dark site almost as well as from my light polluted suburban Melbourne backyard. I remember reading an article in S&T about the bortle scale, and it stated that at skies this dark, I should basically not be able to see anything! But if I had a newspaper, I probably could just about read it!

Last edited by pgc hunter; 25-02-2016 at 08:54 AM.