View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

I don't want to belabour the point, as we're getting way off poor old Chris' original post. The extra cost of some of these lenses is not just about image quality. It's also about sturdier build quality of the whole lens, weather proofing (some lenses), quality control, and not to mention market demands and some of those big expensive lenses look just plain sexy on the end of my camera.

It's why some people buy a BMW over a Hyundai. Both cars get you from A to B, but some prefer to pay a bit more to do it in style, comfort, quality, and power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan View Post
Not in general, because the ethos performance is MEASURABLE (FOV, eye relief, resolution, CA at edge etc), the result is expressed in numbers and the test can be repeated with specified accuracy any time and any place.
Then it is up to the individual to determine if the price is worth it or not.

However, if those numbers are the same for two similar product, and the price is wastly different, I will always say: "why waste money, the difference in price you can spend for something else.. more bang for the same buck this way you have more bang".