View Single Post
Old 29-07-2020, 12:22 PM
AnakChan (Sean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Congrats on your new camera and setup.

That image is very good and similar to what I got from my CDK17 and Microline 16.

Greg.
Yours is a much more sophisticated setup than mine Greg . Your images have been goals of where I aspire mine to be in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
Look good.

No obvious balls with the ZWO narrowband filters. Did you do any processing to remove halos?

DT
I didn't do anything specific to remove the halos. I've attached a delineared Oiii Master and some previews of the brighter ones and there is a halo there. Probably cos the stars aren't bright enough, like Alnitak or something like that for the halo to reveal itself.

However I have to say at least to my n00b eyes, the ZWO NB filters aren't as bad as I originally thought. I actually had started conversations with Antlia sales to buy their filters but, maybe I Could get away with the ZWO ones for a little while longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
Nice shot

What sort of newt are you imaging with? Doesn’t appear to be bothered by a full frame sensor.

FWIW, you can dial up the “ISO” when framing...use the gain control it’s the same thing.
So it's not a Newt but a modified Dall-Kirkham cassegrain. It's a Takahashi µ250CRS, 250mm primary with a focal length of 2500mm and it's corrected. It's the successor of the former Takahashi µ250 which was also a 250mm but 3000mm focal length. Takahashi did release a CR corrector accessory for the µ250, but due to misc motorised focuser OEM issues amongst other things, they just decided to come up with the µ250CRS with the CR corrector built-in and sourced a new motor for the electronic focuser.

W.R.T. the ISO for the ASI6200MM, I guess i could increase the gain to 100 & Bin 4x4 to reduce exp duration for the subs and quicker download to the iPad, but comparatively with the A7S which is a LiveView at 409600 video, framing is still a lot quicker than taking 1 sec subs, moving the paddle, then taking another 1 sec sub, etc.

Similarly W.R.T. autoguiding, the Vixen AXD mount's StarBook Ten with the Advanced Unit accessory, guiding is actually done with a CCD video camera, so it's an actual live-feed in guiding, as opposed to PHD2 1-3 sec subs & correcting. Having said that though, the Vixen Advanced Unit does not have dithering which is a huge bummer.

Overall, for me it's merely just having to adapt myself to a new workflow and given time I'll get used to it and will stop *****ing .
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Oiii_Master.jpg)
90.5 KB100 views
Click for full-size image (Oiii_Master_Preview01.jpg)
122.7 KB88 views
Click for full-size image (Oiii_Master_Preview02.jpg)
78.4 KB70 views