View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Hi Ken and Russ,
My son came over on the weekend and finally got StellariumScope and PHD2 working for me, and yes the USB serial adapter ( both Prolific and Keyspan ) did not work using PC Direct
We tried for 3 hours trying to get PC Direct to work ( with Handcontroller connected ) even changing cables etc.. but decided to ditch that method and use the EQ Direct method with the shoestring USB2EQ5 cable from Bintel and it worked flawlessly, although we had to install the Windows 10 FTDI chip set driver

Com ports are tricky buggers too, we had to eventually use com port 9 to enable connectivity

Anyway the moon was visible in the afternoon so used Stellarium to slew to it and it ended up very close to crosshairs in the finderscope, then clicked on Venus and the scope slewed to it within the FOV of the finder

PHD2 via EQMOD connected to my ZWO guide camera and the scope , so now waiting for a calm night to try some autoguiding, we have 40 to 50km/ hr winds in Sydney at the moment

One question Russ , how can I use the sync function of StellariumScope (CTRL + 3) for improving goto accuracy as my handcontroller is now disconnected ??I’m only using the handcontroller now for some alignment and visual etc...

So happy to finally get all these programs working after failure upon failure

Martin