Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 01:04 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks Anth ..I have a flash cordless saw but it seems to wander cause I cant set the cut low enough... something is stuck...anyways lucky cause I bought a new hand saw at Bunnings just to have one at the van..a cheap one but it is excellent...the fake timber floor is going ok got seven done so far, no insulation or glue but I am thinking of nailing them both for strength or rather not have them creeping up and to give it a realistic look somewhat..and looking at the various piles I think I may have to buy a couple more boxes...so getting them free will end up costing afterall.
I plan to line with foam blocks which seems the easiest approach.
After laying the ply floor with no hole for a pier I have had second thoughts and will cut a hole in the ply ..I was going to go without a pier but how can you say no to moving 2 ton of rock and concrete.
Its looking clear here so maybe so astronomy tonight.
The road should be sealed in another 2 weeks and they have put in a fantastic drive way for me so all is going great.
Edit addition...going back into the van I found the perfect mold for the pier, an old fishing rod container....
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20200909133942_resize_13.jpg)
101.0 KB74 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20200909133956_resize_31.jpg)
95.6 KB75 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20200909140816_resize_12.jpg)
57.9 KB75 views