View Single Post
Old 19-01-2011, 09:01 AM
hotspur (Chris)

Usage rates for astronomical equipment,

Recently I have a had a few enquiries,on people wanting to attach their cameras on my scope,and for me to set up taking images for them.

The people are not astronomers,but more very advanced amateur photographers.That are well heeled,and have 5d2's.And are prepared to had over money for my knowledge and use of equipment.

The main item they want to take images of is the moon,-I had an image I took of the moon last year that became world renowned.And I have had people seek me out,for various photographic missions.But now some very,very wealthy people are wanting to pay.

What usage rates do the semi pro's here or others charge for use of scope and kit and their knowledge??

This is not something I ever planned,But after spending many thousands on my kit and a purpose built observatory,and have some knowledge on how to use it.It appears there is an economic return for it and my skills.

Having recently lost all of my income due to floods,may be its worth a closer look at seeing how I can earn a small return on astronomy.So thought I;d see if anyone here has any thoughts or advice.

Thanks Chris