View Single Post
Old 23-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Davekyn (David)
Loves Staring Into Space!

Thanks for the encouragement guys, it really was the best night I’ve ever had. I’m wondering Andrew, did any of you guys notice any light above Warrick. I was in “Federation Park” only about 10km out of Toowoomba. It’s more like a rest area that allows for up to 48hour stop over’s with toilets/BBQ/Gazebos/children’s play area/Water –pliers needed-/ and so forth. The area is quite windy much of the time, however I set-up in one of the few hollow creek beds and find it makes a huge difference with not only the wind but also the morning dew that can build up in the middle of winter. You can still see a halo of light over Toowoomba, but it makes a huge difference up near the zenith & in general. From my direction, warrick is more south and I may have mistaken simple sky glow along the horizon where the milky pops up from for light pollution? None the less I checked Leyburn on my phone (been shaped again : ( ) & it looks like a really good spot to observe from. I believe some of the good folk here have mentioned Leyburn to me before. I’m up for a PM if you’re interested in letting me know about any observing sessions you may be have coming up from time to time. Probably best to email me on dmkynaston@gmail.com. I’m easy either way. Perhaps you could pass on my email there or add it to a list of interested people?

Last edited by Davekyn; 23-11-2009 at 09:20 PM.