View Single Post
Old 21-06-2011, 11:18 PM
alistairsam

Hi guys,

fantastic thread and neat project. I've been thinking of wireless control for a while and was searching for suitable transceivers on the internet until i found this thread at good old iis.

Bob, i've ordered the same sparkfun bluesmirf module, did you get it working or did you use the transceiver from ebay?
also, are these drop in serial modules, as in will they pass serial data without any programming of the module?
my interface is to a picaxe microcontroller.

i'm also working on wireless video, usb 2's bandwidth of 2.1Mbps should be adequate as that is the throughput rate. most video sources don't need such high bitrates.

so you could have three modules, one for the focuser/mcu interface, one for the scope control interface and one for the guide camera interface.

other option is to use wifi modules like this one for higher bitrates, and video transmission. will post results once complete.
http://littlebirdelectronics.com/pro...oving-networks

also been thinking of using the xbee modules as they can work in full mesh configurations if you have more than one serial endpoint. but more expensive.