View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:57 PM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Hi Bob. I built 4 modules, 2 for me, one for an IIS friend and I have one spare I will give away to an experienced Gemini 1 user..just have to find one.

Control at the scope is preferred...maybe one day for me, although I can see using a BT game pad and BT to control the scope would be very attractive. I can do this in Gemini ASCOM.

I mucked around with various PCBs using the toner method I had the final version made for me. Beats the hell out of my attempts & they milled slots for the DC power jack! Wow! In the mean time, MDfly has changed the transceiver modules. They mirrored the pins. So I mistakenly purchased the new module found this out, damn! The fix was to put it in upside down as they had also changed the status LED to a bright green one.

Anyway, turning it upside down attenuated the LED brightness and it can be still easily seen thru my case (I use clear plastic case).

Oh by the way I mentioned acknowledgement to you of this project in my documents. You now an internet icon!

I overcame the BT software issue with Toshiba BT stack...although my little netbook, XP home, had no issues like I previously had.

I guess I should post my project up in this forum as well its cheap ~$40 parts (depends upon where you buy them). I'll PM Iceman. If you want a copy of my docs I can send them to you (1.1meg zipped).

The future..hey we can control focusers with this BT as well!

Brendan

edit:
Pics attached!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (module-powered-on.jpg)
36.3 KB151 views
Click for full-size image (module-connected-to-Gemini-shoing-RS232-&-power.jpg)
32.0 KB171 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_8249-small.jpg)
67.0 KB178 views
Click for full-size image (module-and-lanyards.jpg)
41.7 KB150 views
Click for full-size image (PCB-close-up.jpg)
61.9 KB166 views