View Single Post
Old 30-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Alchemy (Clive)
Quietly watching

QHY8 image capture program. help wanted.. experts?

ok its time to utilise the depth and experience of the IIS crew

as youve guessed i have gone out and brought the Q8, assembled it and doing a bit of playing with the program CCD cap ALL Astrart drivers loaded, computer recognises camera (yay)

so heres a couple of questions from a CCD newbie.

Resolution 4x4 i assume this is a binning thing 4x4 is using a square of 16 pixels as one ?1x1 is just normal?

The preview function ... works much as a webcam ? seems to anyway, Preview auto set does.... ?
does it auto binn when doing preview?

i have played with the gain (iso pretty much) and the offset , you can see the offset line move up the scale as you increase in preview..... is that ok for rough calibration initial start ? i think it gives me an idea where it kicks in. will test more when i convert FITS

Focus.... any one used this and ...... comments.

Histogram, AGV means..... SDV means.....

SCript .....no idea?

i dont know if ive got a program other than win4aip to handle FITS files....never needed to before, any suggestions

Do you reckon the plastic cap will be dark/dense enough for a 10 minute dark frame .. seems a silly question but you never know.

Well thats about it for now im sure some helpfull suggestions will be out there, im trying to nail everything down so when clouds roll away i can actually image something

Is there a bit of documentation that covers this program somewhere.

Cheers clive.

Last edited by Alchemy; 30-04-2008 at 10:50 PM.