View Single Post
Old 14-04-2014, 08:39 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzEclipse View Post
Hi Bob,
I misspent my youth observing from Arthur Page's Mt Tamborine observatory on the east face of Mt Tamborine. Spent more weekends up there than I care to admit to at all times of year. Back in the 70's and early 80's, when it was clear and seeing and transparency was good-Wow! But believe me, the last place you want to go when the weather is less than ideal, is a rainforest. On that east face, moist air pushes in from the ocean, up the mountain and condenses as a cloud cap often with rain right over your head.

cheers
Joe
Appreciate your imput Joe and yes, late night and early morn condensation is often the case, there is also moisture still rampent in the atmoshere particularly in the low and mid levels, hence local cloud formation, coming from the south, also, anyones guess to where some sun will be shining to thin this out a bit ? Fortunately there is no onshore flow around tomoro,which would certainly add to the frustration. apart from that, this event is only early in the evening, temps should be mild with a bit of wind chill, so, some warm clothes may be on the gender
Ill be taking further asessment with your good advise of local conditions tomoro midday'ish to determine which location in my area may be best suited

Cheers again Joe & all the best, if your going out to watch/photo