Old 25-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
That’s a really nice M55 Colin
One of my favourite globs
Well done !!
Thanks Martin, I've wanted to capture globs for years so I'm glad to be able to do that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_galera View Post
Nice detail well captured and great colours
Thanks Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Yeah, I think I'd prefer 0.6", I think it's rare that I really leverage 0.5"

Looks like SGP focused rather poorly on my attempt at M55, which is one of the reasons I rarely shoot globs. I haven't checked all the subs, but the ones I did check didn't have a single one below 2.5", most over 3" ... which I checked NGC 253 I had many at 1.8". According to SGP's forum, improved AF will be a focus (pun not intended) of the next major release, which I greatly look forward to.
.6" even requires reasonable seeing but it looks like you get it with 1.8" subs so that's good to know.
One thing I cannot do with the Mewlon at the moment is auto focus. It seems to hold its focus reasonably well but I wouldn't like to see it in falling temperatures. There is a fair bit of mass that can suffer from shrinkage

I knew there was a jet stream coming over from the west but I was curious as to how that would show in FWHM. I'm only just venturing into an image scale where anything more than worse than 2.5" is even detectable Wide field imaging has it perks.