View Single Post
Old 14-10-2019, 03:15 PM
JohnF (John)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Watching the car races in bed..nice.
Imagine an event 1000 klms with electric cars. You would be forced by competition to develop a system that enabled you to change batteries..rules could be set to have maybe 5 changes of battery in the race so hopeful systems must be as fast as possible....let's face it if you introduced such a race for the current F1 style electric car batteries would get changed in less than ten seconds.F1 approach heck they would come up with a system to change batteries in three seconds.
Being able to sell electricity fast, or like petrol is an important part of the mix...the only objection to an electric car could be range....give the problem to racing...Already I can imagine ways to do it and can imagine a F1 type battery change in my mind like a YouTube video. Just upscale your cordless power tool battery change. Anyways you can bet someone is working on the problem ...but having done race promotion and noticed the multiple types of racing and competition ...you could start such an event and probably make good money..I mean imagine a Bathurst event electric cars that look lovely ke you family sedan with a fancy paint job..like V8 Super cars...when they put the car goes on a hoist, better if not...mmm yes car be done...the crew two guys grab the old battery pull it out like they rip off the wheels and two other guys wheel the new battery in triggering the lock in system ...mmm good rule..driver must throw a main switch to make sure no accidents...but to replicate a future consumer approach.
I know..battery is on a rail that allows pushing a new one in on one side while the old one slides into a trolley..heck just bolt wheels onto your batteries...
Also competitors would seek out better batteries systems power management and perhaps recovery of energy when braking...

Alex

I have it...the battery change goes like this..the car enters its pit area..it triggers the robotic battery change system...the new battery rolls itself into place as the old battery drives itself out the back to the recharge facility...the new battery plugs in retracts it's wheels and is ready to power up...
And with a battery distribution system in place of petrol you would have the capacity to manage fluctuations in energy supply making solar and wind very manageable ...in fact such a system could store from the grid and sell to the grid...your community battery bank could come by just using batteries in store for the "petrol station".

Alex
lex, no problem with electric cars doing the 1000 km race. They just have to tow a trailer with a diesel Generator inside it, and an extension lead hooked up to their car

Oh there is another problem with electric cars most people do not know about. Our bushfire brigade was told that if we are called out to an electric car fire, with people trapped inside, we are to stand back and lt it burn, that is let those people die. See those burning batteries put out very toxic fumes that will kill any firefighter not wearing breathing gear. And our trucks do not carry breathing gear, and also most of us are volunteers, and would not spend days being trained how to us that breathing gear if we did have it.

Last edited by RB; 14-10-2019 at 04:08 PM.