View Single Post
Old 13-10-2019, 12:45 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Alex, in the current Formula E competition the pit stop is used two simply switch cars. The driver gets out of the discharged car and gets into the second car which is fully charged. Obviously battery management is crucial in this competition, and regenerative braking is very important. Imagine the recharge being generated by deceleration at the end of Conrod Straight.
It is worth watching Formula E, as it is likely to be the future of motor sport. I was reading today that the current Formula 1 teams disagree on the new design rules for 2012 cars, with the current status quo leaders wanting to keep their big $ advantages, hardly surprising. In Formula E the cars are pretty much identical, so power mgt and driving skills become the primary focus.

As I was watching Bathurst this morning I could not help thinking that the organisers don't recognise a dying sport.
I have watched a couple.
So easy with their access to stuff to make a battery change thingy...
But the spin off for a battery exchange system is to provide a useful tool in power management...batteries could be sold as investments cause each little battery is bringing in rent...
Alex