View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 01:03 AM
luka
Unregistered User

Narrowband and colour sensor (DSLR)

I will have a set of narrowband filters soon and am planing of getting/building a mono camera at some stage. At the moment I am stuck with a IR modded colour DSLR and I want to play with narrowband.

I already imaged in H alpha with the DSLR. I extracted the red channel and got a 1/4 image size. It worked well. I suppose SII should be the same as it is only detected by the red channel.

My question is what to do with the OIII. It falls between the green/blue channels of the DSLR and will be detected by 2 green and 1 blue pixel. Do I just use 1 channel? Which one? Or do I separate the three channels (GGB) and then add them together into one image to get the same image size as the red channel? The latter approach will improve the signal intensity by up to a factor of 3.
What about the fact that in the final image I will be combining the 3 channels that came from different pixels/different part of the image?

I am not expecting great results but would like to get some narrowband data that I can play with.

Thanks in advance