View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 08:23 PM
coldspace

Yeah Leon,

I ordered the Hyper-color plus from Jack about a week ago. He told me as well that Rock got 3 Class 1 grade A colour chips and 1 is mine and 1 must be yours. About 4-6 weeks for delivery. The system looks very good so can't wait to try with 12 inch 200R. I have seen some images from a guy on the Gold Coast who got his last year and is using it with a 14inch 200R. The imagies he was getting of the Lagoon Neb. at 7 sec intergration in light polluted Gold Coast and with no processing was great and being in colour it is just another pleasure to see. Details in the objects seem to stand out better in colour. This is going to be a learning curve for me but alot of fun as well. Another feature I like is it is also upgradable. Rock can upgrade these down the track as the tech. improves,you just have to pay the $75 each way back to the states, that with cooling,colour and the very sensitive Lux rating sold me. Once I get it up and running might have to talk to Peter at our club to put it through its paces at Dark sky site with his tracking 30 inch scope.