Thread: TV verses TAK
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2020, 06:25 PM
issdaol (Phil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDrive View Post
Some comments please .... TV Eyepieces are very expensive now....been looking at TAK Eyepieces 18mm / 24mm / 30mm .... I know they are only 52* degree FOV ...but price to price with TV's and good quality, the TAK are cheaper ( and I don't mean rubbish by saying cheaper )

What would you prefer for the money .. ??

Col
Hi Col,

I have a full set of Tak LE's and almost a complete set of TV Naglers which I have used for years.

I find the Taks a bit sharper and the Naglers a bit softer and slight burnished view.

Tak AFoV isn't that good though so Naglers win hands down on that area.

I don't plan on selling any though because I like to swap between both on the same targets to appreciate the strengths and difference each.

I have a couple of Pentax's XW's which are nice and sharp compared to the TV's and sit somewhere between the two for AFoV.

My Favourite EP's though are the Denkmeiers D21 and D14...... to my eyes they are noticeably better than Tak/TV/Pentax for sharpness and contrast....but medium AFoV (65 Degree) so closer match to the Pentax XW in terms of AFoV. Pricing used to be very attractive as they come in matched pairs. The only annoyance is they only make the D21 and D14.

If you are ever visiting down this way you are welcome to pop by one night and test them all side by side for yourself and see how they perform in either the Cassegrain, the Mewlon DK or the Refractor.