View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 11:04 PM
Hemi

Quote:
After lots of googling and asking questions,

I cleaned the corrector of my SCT with a mix of demineralised water, Windex, isopropyl alcohol and washing up liquid. I have the exact formula if needed. I also used it on the mirror. I think a final rinse with pure alcohol and the water really helps as the windex solution can leave some residue if you are too gentle with the wiping.

Used the rocket blower first, then running under a tap/sprinkler. Then wiped with continuous running water and a solution soaked pad of some description:

Tried cotton balls, Kleenex, cotton tips etc: the best was definitely PEC Pads (as so many have recommended). I found them at my local camera house!
That’s what I said in another thread...worked well. Initially I thought I had screwed up the mirror as it developed a stain over it (I started a thread about resurfacing a c925 mirror). It was the grease from the baffle tube! Cleaned off with pure isoP, and more confident scrubbing, like in the video.

I’m glad I did it as the scope has been the best since I got it....though that’s probably in no small part because I’m better at collimating it now.

Hemi