View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:11 AM
alocky (Andrew lockwood)
PI popular people's front

I'm not entirely convinced the darkened corners are actually caused by vignetting. I use 1.25" filters in a qsi with the same chip at f4.5 and it is nowhere near as serious as that, and at f7 I would have thought you'd be fine. The fact that there actually seems to be a very large "light donut" superimposed on your image means that once you've eliminated the stray light issues the vignetting might not be so bad. Definitely worth trying before giving up on your existing setup.
Cheers,
Andrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flugel88 View Post
Thanks for the input guys.
I really do hope i can come up with a way of removing moisture from my ccd chamber i might send a message to ATik Support see what they think.
The whole desiccant idea is a bit archaic! An argon filled chamber does sound more trouble free but i would have to save allot of penny's to be able to afford an Sbig.
Specially now the Aussie $ has gone down the toilet.

I won't be able to get away with my 1.25" filters though had a feeling it would be a major problem back when i decided to buy the RC.

I ordered a light shroud yesterday hoping that might help. When i packed up the scope i noticed some dew starting to form on the secondary shroud could help prevent that too with any luck.

If that doesn't help ill give Greg's idea ago and try some baffles.