View Single Post
Old 19-09-2018, 11:06 AM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
#21 @M&T thank you VERY much for the additional info! You're heroes *flower bouquet smiley*
You are most welcome! Thanks for your enthusiasm, which is heartening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec35 View Post
Nice view of one of my favourite vistas in the SMC M&T. I have to admit I don't like the palette very much though.

Cheers

Steve

Ta, Steve.

We notice that your image of the area has SII Ha OIII, and it is not possible or meaningful to directly compare it with ours aesthetically; it is like comparing a sunset with a beach scene, with different underlying structures and chemicals.

Our palette is: Ha = red, OIII = blue, green = meaningless, user please set as they see fit from the other two channels using their favourite imaging program.

For example, if you copy the blue channel over the green channel, you get the standard Ha = red, OIII = cyan. Sadly, for colourblind Mike, that produces an apparently totally grey modge.

In addition, you can copy some of the red over the blue, and pretend that it is H-beta, but that is unscientific, because we didn't actually measure H-beta, and it would be making it up.

Within those constraints and those freedoms, how would you improve the colour over what we've chosen? We'd be delighted if you wanted to download our image, remap to your choice, and post it as a thumbnail.

Very best,
Mike and Trish