Thread: Ngc 1365
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2018, 07:38 AM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
Lee, you keep surprising us with excellent images in rapid succession.

Again, the colour is particularly pleasing. Some might say it is unnaturally saturated, but we would answer that telescope images are meant to be unnaturally large, bright, and resolved. They show differences that the eye alone cannot see.

Well done!

Best
MnT
Thanks! :-) Yeah I'm definitely walking a fine line with the colour... I'm reasonably happy with it for now, but we'll see how I feel given a bit more time. I hope to get a lot more data on this one, so I'll no doubt process it many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff45 View Post
I like the colour. Really rich without being saturated.
Thanks Geoff :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Very nice detail and colour Lee. The astrobin image really does it justice
Thanks Colin! I realise I left off the link in the OP, I'll add that in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometcatcher View Post
Love these images!
Thanks Kevin :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Just need a bit more time on it and that will be a cracker of an image, Lee! It's already very good.
Yeah, I agree. I intend to get a lot more data on this one... this is definitely a work in progress.

Recently I've started leaving the observatory open doing unattended imaging while I try to sleep... normally I wouldn't have even started trying to image this until December and then I would get at most 2hrs of data a night. So far this one has been scraping in about an hour of data a night after other targets were completed, and before the fog rolled in.

Once the seeing improves and I resolve my issues or find better ways to work around them I'm hoping to be able to start pulling in 4+ hrs on a target on a given night which will make deeper integrations a lot more realistic than they have been in the past.

That said, it is relatively bright and many integrations of this one seem to be pretty short.