View Single Post
Old 29-05-2016, 05:44 AM
sebagr (Sebastian)

DSO Browser - Astronomy planner

I wanted to share with you my astronomy planner website: the Deep Sky Objects Browser - http://dso-browser.com.

It started out as a simple search tool to find deep sky objects with very specific criteria (e.g. "galaxies that rise at least 40 degrees above the horizon for 2 hours between 10pm and 2am") but it's gradually become more and more complete. The most important features are:
  • Search for DSOs fine-tuning your criteria by type of object, minimum altitude, magnitude, size, catalogues, coordinates, constellation and your local time.

• Create an observing list - you can keep it online, print it and download it to your computer.

• Share your astrophotography unlimitedly and for free - similar to Astrobin but nicer and free.

• Check a Virtual Sky Map in your browser - similar to Stellarium, less powerful but online to check from any computer without installing anything.

• Get reminders for specific objects - e.g. "send me an e-mail when Andromeda Galaxy is best seen at 10pm from my location".

• Check Sun, Moon and planetary rise/transit/set times.

• Check the Moon monthly and yearly calendars.

Save your usual locations ang get monthly suggestions tailored for you.

You can see some screenshots below. I'm constantly working on the site adding new features and pay special attention to user feedback. Possible next features are adding much more data (more objects, multiple star systems and planets), conversion tools, articles, and other minor features.

Everything is and will always be free. If you find the site useful, please consider helping me spread the word among your friends, colleagues and clubs

Any kind of feedback is much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1. What's in the sky tonight.jpg)
101.7 KB27 views
Click for full-size image (2. Search.jpg)
88.8 KB19 views
Click for full-size image (3. Eagle Nebula.jpg)
96.8 KB14 views
Click for full-size image (4. Picture.jpg)
123.9 KB15 views
Click for full-size image (5. Reminders.jpg)
73.4 KB11 views

Last edited by sebagr; 29-05-2016 at 07:02 AM.