Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2023, 02:04 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Neville you are far too kind but I sure appreciate your encouragement.

AND I must say looking around the observatory brings back memories of the effort ...mind you I was very lucky to have help from my assistant as that moved things along faster..in fact without his help to get the show back on the road after my opperation it would have been much more difficult.

AND I am very lucky that I had a life where each day was a huge challenge as really winning has to be learnt via repeated experience.

AND there are the little things....every time I look at the floor I remember how I had to lay on my stomach to nail it down and just how painful it was..but a little here and there and it got done..sadly the whole set up is a bit ruff by my standards but perhaps the best thing I have been able to overcome is my perfectionist attitude...once I just could not live with some of the things I have had to do by way of compromise so as to get the job done....once if I made the slightest mistake on a job I would throw it out and start again...but my condition has taught me that achieving a result is paramount and if the thing works you win and that appearances count for little if they control your life.

But isnt astronomy great for the perfectionist needing to learn how to compromise

You know it seems like I have been thru a lot but I always remember that what I have gone thru is nothing compared to others and really I am very lucky in that my pain is manageable...sure the feet could make me cry at times when I try and walk but all I need do is sit down and instant relief ( not like that back pain where it was constant and you could not move) and my driving is not effected in the least so I still get to drive my little sports car...it is so funny cause folk look when I roll up in my little red car with the top down car and I struggle to get out and waddle off with my walking stick not what they expect...

I always just think about Steven Hawking and his limitations..he would be so happy to have it as good as I have it.

And thanks Martin for your kind post and I will put up some photos very soon.

alex