Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2023, 11:28 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

You guys make me feel great and lucky that I am so healthy and fit...

I take 10 tablets a day...besides the cancer specific meds they sneaked in magnesium and calcium cause they think I dont have the sense to manage things..good because they are right..but once I would get raised eye brows from medics when I said I took no pills..you could see them thinking.."that's unusual for such an old bloke"...

I moved the 80 mm outside to a new spot but the mount is having a hissy fit that has taken the shine off things I must say...but the real problem is I have nothing to grab and so I risk a fall..when I get it all working it wont be a problem as the wifi signal is good in the van so it does not need ethernet cable...I put the wheel chair beside it so as to have a seat but twice I have got my feet tangled up with the foot rests and nearly came a gutza..then there is the fact that the pavers sit on gravel way above the ground...but talk about good luck as to where I placed the thing, without knowing at the time, right where the extention lead from the van to the electric shed has a join ..a 240 supply via the sheds inverter, so I broke in and I have power..what luck cause I was thinking move down a battery and inverter etc..thank goodness..just plain good luck.

But as inside the observatory now has only the three scopes set up this leaves one end clear..on one side I put a very nice but unwanted rug with a flash office chair and a little desk thingy that will take a lap top but I place my phone and tablet there..if I ever resolve the roof issuses the piers is still there under the rug..but it is really comfortable in that chair and with the rug noticeably warmer...on the other side I have a desk which provides a work area with a little office chair there as well...that side is still a mess but soon as things are sorted it will become tidy as well as functional.

I have the inverter and battery to manage the roof motor here but the Ethernet magic box is a little further away on a similar desk type thing that also is handy to place the phone or tablet.

I have some painting to do and more tidy up and when I get that finished I will post photos of the finished product.

Looking back over this thread reminds me of all that I have gone thru..it doesn't seem possible I put up with it ...I don't know that having a " never give up" approach is all that smart...anyways I have got a couple of decent images and it sure is easier with just one scope outta there...I had not expected the boon of the extra space as to comfort.

Thanks for following my progress.

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20230809170455_resize_15.jpg)
202.6 KB60 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 16-08-2023 at 01:40 PM.