View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 08:11 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderboxsky View Post
I find my eyes give me quite a wide variation in apparent colours to those reported by others even after allowing for low elevation and othe variables.
Even just on your comments, I definitely cannot see any yellow in Alpha Centauri.
One of my enduring mysteries is Antares and its companion. Traditionally it is reported the companion looks greenish against Antares. But try as I might, I have not been able to see any hint of green on the many times I have observed the companion.
I quite enjoy picking out colour variation in double stars and othe multiple star systems and open clusters.
Had a look at this recently Steve ...Alpha Centauri A, B has some yellow to me, though not much and nearby ..

Beta Centauri A,B .. both definitely yellow /orange, though difficult to separate at 1.3".

Antares companion definite green to me many times ; did this in 5" Mak recently... tough more so than in a 6 inch doublet .Have not tried the colour contrasts in the 10 " reflector yet , or in a 91/4 SCT...Will see.

USED A 6mm and 3.5 DELOS and 3.2 TS ED..the latter more vibrant colours for an only $100 EP.
bigjoe.