View Single Post
Old 24-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Mickoid (Michael)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth10 View Post
Mick,
Although the colour is understandably lacking, you have still managed to draw out the long dark trails from the heart of the scorpion. The contrast makes for an interesting view of this rather attractive region. Longer subs would be the go but hey this would mean entering the realm of the autoguiding....

Anth
Thanks Anthony, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular from shooting under these conditions but rather curious to see what I could extract. Besides, the Nano Tracker is so light that I can pick the whole rig up with one hand and carry it outside. Auto guiding will only complicate things but who knows what's around the next corner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
You are brave having a go in light polluted regions.
But keep trying, one tends (one being me) to think it cant be done but you show there is hope...showing hope is a wonderful thing to do.
Alex
Hope and inspiration, that's what I'd like to be remembered by from the pictures I post, to try and convey the message that you don't need expensive gear to get reasonable results these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
Nice field of view Mick. I think the blue horsehead is on the left side about 1/4 of the way down.
Thanks Tony, I often wondered where this Blue Horsehead was located. The nebulosity is washed out by the light pollution and moonlight but I see where you're talking about.