View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 01:15 PM
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

I did a number on my back when digging the trench but it's getting better now. I was next intending to move the scope to a suitable place, disassemble the front truss assembly and clean the primary, but that's waiting for a few more days until I can lift some weight.

In the meantime I've started installing the electronics. My DIY uninterruptible power supply is installed (top orange box in the schematic diagram). The picture shows (from left to right) the 12V power supply (for battery charging and running telescope-side equipment off mains power) sitting on top of the box containing the inverter (for the mount power brick, lights and any other 240VAC stuff I want to keep running during a blackout).

The scope electronics will be attached via a heavy gauge cable to the Inverter input and will run off the battery during a power outage provided the Battery -> Inverter switch is "on". Note that the battery can be disconnected from both the PSU and the inverter to avoid charge leakage while not in use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Schematic.jpg)
124.4 KB57 views
Click for full-size image (20191213_121042_tiny.jpg)
130.3 KB56 views

Last edited by marc4darkskies; 15-12-2019 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Updated images