View Single Post
Old 30-08-2017, 12:07 PM
hamiland (Anders)

Hi Jon,
Probably need a little more info here, are you using the ST4 guide port or pulse guiding via the serial connection to the mount (is there anything connected to the guide port on your camera or mount)?

Secondly, I'd recommend making/purchasing an eqmod cable (a lot cheaper than the WiFi option), this takes out the middle man (hand controller).

I'm assuming that you're using ASCOM for the connection (when you connect to the mount via APT you are presented with the "ASCOM Telescope Chooser" window?

It potentially sounds like a serial port conflict, as only one application can communicate via serial at a time, thus if you're not using ASCOM you may run into difficulties. This is where ASCOM comes in, it should be the only application that communicates directly with your mount, with everything else communicating with ASCOM (which can handle multiple client connections).

I have had a skywatcher mount and connected via the hand controller, so theoretically should work for you, however I preferred using an EQMOD cable to give full computer control and performing my slews via Stellarium or CDC.

Thanks

Anders