View Single Post
Old 27-02-2011, 06:53 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

I have had a few niggles getting the alignment right so it tracks properly, but reading I have done seems to indicate that the scope is "Frozen" so to speak until you complete the entire alignment process so the longer you take the worse the alignment. I have been trying to use stars as far apart as possible. I may be better off using closer stars to begin with and then replacing them in the alignment later in the night.

The times I have had it right it has tracked rock solid for hours. Centre Jupiter in the EP at a fairly high power then walk away for half an hour and there is is still in view. The first view really was something special compared to the old Meade. In particular I love being able to actually get right up to the EP and even use the eye cup without worrying about bumping the scope as it stays rock steady where at high power you could not afford to touch the old one at all.

I am hoping that he weather is good next weekend as I am planning on going to the ASV Messier star party if it looks at all reasonable. It is under an hours drive for me.