View Single Post
Old 17-10-2017, 07:35 AM
bojan
amateur

Last weekend I had a discussion about my future dome with my south-east neighbour... she mentioned building permit (I believed this may not be necessary because the whole object will have footprint a bit smaller than 10m2.. then I went to Ballarat Council website and found out that for any size deck (and the platform on which the dome will be mounted is just that - deck) the building permit is required, not only in Ballarat but all over VIC.
I think I will have to go to council and talk to somebody before I start any serious planning.

As for the location itself (corner of our property, extension to the existing room above the garage/workshop) they were not very enthusiastic because the dome will dominate their north-west view even when the higher fence is in place (see attachment), also their privacy may be potentially violated by my presence in the dome... but there was no open resistance to the idea as yet... They said if in the future they felt their privacy is affected they will plant a tree (I am not sure I really want such outcome, the tree will block my view to the South_East) or I have to rise additional 0.5 metre applied to the full length of the fence (on my expense.. which is also not desirable outcome).
I tried to assure them the whole thing will be remotely controlled from the house, not sure if I was successful.

Per aspera ad astra... almost literary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (dome - neighbour_view.jpg)
201.3 KB157 views

Last edited by bojan; 17-10-2017 at 08:40 AM.