View Single Post
Old 22-02-2019, 02:32 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Very nicely done, and certainly an intriguing object. ....but the caption reads LRGB...yet it looks like L only. Colour still to come?
Yes it is quite monochrome. I only got 1 red sub which isn't helping but the galaxy itself doesn't seem to have any colour. I looked at other examples.
Boosting saturation did not do anything either. But I was happy to get the shell structure and large extent of this galaxy. Its quite enormous really.

Next time I will try to get some more RGB and add to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec35 View Post
That's a nice NGC 1316 Greg although it looks a bit monochrome. There are lots of nice dust lanes at the centre that you could probably work on to get them to stand out a bit better.

Steve
Thanks Steve. Yes its quite lacking colour not that this galaxy has much. There might be some more detail I could bring out in the core but not a lot more than shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Wow! Nice one - Havn't seen that one before - sure is some cool stuff up there

Just this morning I was chatting with an astrophysicist about Hoag's object - Wonder if you or Peter W or any of the other long FL users here have had a crack at that one?

Cheers

Thanks Andy. Does Hoag's object have an NGC number? I think I may have seen an image of that just last night if its the same one. Its a red nebula with a blue O111 type semi rectangle in the middle of it?

Greg.