View Single Post
Old 16-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Nebulous (Chris)

Alex, have you considered taking a leaf out of the "Tiny House" book and building something completely mobile?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...9909243E6A78C5

The general idea has been around for centuries - from the old horse drawn gypsy caravans through to modern living vans and mobile homes. But the 'Tiny House' mob build something that often looks like a small cabin in the woods but built in on a wheeled chassis.

You could get an old prime mover and semi-trailer which would have enough room for a Tiny House at one end of the trailer and a dedicated observatory at the other. You could then trundle slowly round the country and visit us all.

I've built myself a couple of smallish houses (one of which has only two rooms and we lived in for two years while a built a bigger one) but I rather fancy a fully mobile version with an attached observatory. Unfortunately I may be getting to old to execute the plan this time though...

I forgot to put the wheels on this one... but it was a great home for two years. The lean-to back section is only half the width of the front room, but it still made a good bedroom. Now it’s my workshop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Shed01b.jpg)
159.8 KB34 views