Thread: Sbig -402me
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Terry B
Country living & viewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmitchell82 View Post
hehehe i could have told you that, i just would have expected with todays technology that to take a rough colour picture should have been a damm site easier... The skill should come in to get a excellent colour picture!

I guess the problem i face at the moment is that the instruction booklet will take me a week to read though because its huge and there are so many options to tick click and fiddle with that its extremely confusing for a noob like me.

If there was a guide that said press this button enter this value and or just had a manual to take a picture of a known cluster aka the jewel box so that the reader could replicate a decent kind of photo and then once its known you can change the settings for different targets and fiddle!
The data is there it is just not demonstrated well by the CCDOPs program. With such short exposures you shouldn't be completely saturating the CCD. It has to do with the auto display of the data. In the top right hand corner you should have a little box with an upper and lower value for the image. Try Making the upper one much higher -like 10000 and see what it does to your image after you take it.
CCDOPs isn't much chop at displaying the images.
Try saving the file you take as a fits file and opening it in another programme. I use "Iris" as it is free but there are others that will also do the job.