View Single Post
Old 25-09-2009, 09:34 AM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Ha... that's another one I got stuck on for months. I ended up getting a custom spacer done from http://www.tan14.com/gears.htm. On my 5" newt I need 53.5mm. On the ED80 closer to 56mm. So I have a telescopic adapter that gives me nearl20mm travel on each side. I posted a pic to this reply.

The nose piece is approx 13mm, the sensor plane is approx 6mm from the outside face of the camera so you already have 19mm there minus 55mm that gives you approx 36mm for the spacer on top of the nose piece.

You will find that keeping the nose piece with the MPCC gives you terrible results on bright stars. Light bounces like crazy and you get secondary reflections everywhere.
It is a good thread and full of useful stuff - I will be using this on the 127ED and the Vixen R200SS. I bought the MPCC and the spacer kit from Myastro a while back to use with the nagler eyepieces i had and the meade lightbridge 16 i owned at the time - then i got the qhy8. Reading this i can see the merits of the adjustable adapter. I clicked on the link but they don't list your adapter? is it that custom made that he doesn’t list it? Can you supply the cost of the unit and the exact details you asked him to make?