View Single Post
Old 21-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Ian Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW1 View Post
Certainly agree, Ian, even in Aust. to some extent. EBay sellers have issues just now with Paypal, and some are testing the level of buyers' trust in other channels, but I would, like you, never use anything else on eBay for significant amounts of my hard-earned.

Even then I have linked Paypal to a credit card, not my bank account.

Cheers
Got this in the email today re the dodgey lens on ebay that I mentioned :
Quote:
Hello

Our records indicate that you recently received an email from deks24 through eBay's email system and that it may contain a fraudulent offer to purchase or sell an item off the eBay site.

* Please consider the following safety tips before you act on this email:

- Do not respond to the sender if the message is an offer to buy or sell an item outside the eBay website. This type of offer is against eBay policy and if the transaction takes place, it will not be eligible for buyer protection.

- If you received what looks like a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on and it's appearing in My Messages it may not be legitimate. Real Second Chance Offers appear in My Messages with a blue background and the subject line 'eBay Second Chance Offer for Item ...'.

- Never pay for your eBay items using instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram.

* If you already sent payment for an item that was bought outside the eBay website, or if you shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, we suggest you take the following steps:

- Contact the payment service you used to make the purchase and ask if they provide consumer protection in cases of online fraud. If you shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, contact the carrier you used.

- Contact the local authorities in the area where the seller/buyer resides.

* Please also take the time to provide more information on the transaction bought/sold outside of eBay. The information you provide will help us work with law enforcement if an investigation occurs. Go to the following page and choose 'Item Bought Outside of eBay' or 'Item Sold Outside of eBay' and follow the instructions.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/isg...-non-ebay.html

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay International AG
I've not bid on anything for months and so nothing about any secondchance offers, this has to be the 70-200 f2.8 L IS that is claimed to be in Slovakia that I smelt a rat on.

Last edited by Ian Robinson; 21-09-2008 at 02:06 PM.