View Single Post
Old 30-11-2020, 05:36 AM
gregmc (Greg)

I also put together some info earlier this year during the first COVID lockdown. It's a page on
connection to SkyWatcher mounts with some pictures to help visualise the setup.

I suggest keeping the handset but just put it away for the time when you perhaps are doing outreach and just want to run the mount with a simple setup to show local school kids the moon, or if you add a solar telescope and you just want to track the sun and it's too bright and hot to have a computer outside in the sun.

If you are imaging and you use platesolving, particularly if you just image one or two objects in a night, you don't need an accurate pointing model as you can rely on platesolving to accurately point your telescope to the exact spot in the sky.

If so, you also have a few computer application options on replacing the handset - i.e. EQMOD, Green Swamp Server (GSS) & Sky-Watcher (GSS is more modern but doesn't yet have a pointing model).

See Sky-Watcher Mount connection options

I also have info on Serial interfaces as well as info on serial interfaces to the Sky-Watcher type mount.

I hope that helps
cheers
Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Marios,
I thought you might be interested in having a look at or even using EQMOD and Stellarium to control your NEQ6 mount and navigate across the night sky

I wrote some procedures last month as I wanted to work out how to use the new Ascom supported Stellarium with EQMOD

I assume your NEQ6 mount has a RJ45 port connection ( where the hand controller plugs in ) not the latest USB2B port connection that the EQ6-R mount has
Attached are 3 options for using EQMOD and Stellarium to control your mount depending on what type of mount connection you have.

1/ Telescope Control via EQMOD and Stellarium ( using the old Stellarium Scope driver and EQ Direct cable )

2/ Telescope Control via EQMOD and Stellarium ( using Ascom and EQ Direct cable )

3/ Telescope Control via EQMOD and Stellarium ( using Ascom and the latest USB2 Direct cable )

Cheers
Martin