View Single Post
Old 28-10-2016, 06:53 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Mal, good on ya for picking up the R2. Totally different camera from the R1 as the R1 and all the LN300 variants have been discontinued. Real bummer as the LN300 a very effective camera, though tricky camera for astro as it wasn't a purpose made item.

The R2 has similar features, and it has been modified more for purpose than the LN300. I'm curious to know how you go with it.

Chris, yes, it has a factory reset. That's the problem - I hit the reset button, and because of the changes I had done to it previously to get it working, along with my own stuff ups that I hadn't been diligent enough to keep a record of all the changes, the reset has wiped EVERYTHING I had changed, . I'm really having to reinvent the wheel now! All is not lost as I do remember that it was just a couple settings that needed adjusting, but they are obscure settings - that's the trick. Without those settings, the LN300 is just a stubborn beastie. I came to those settings after reading numerous posts on the LN300, which along with the experience I had with the camera, made it clear what I had to alter. But something got lost in translation and my notes were not extensive enough... Oh well...

Alex.