View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 11:58 PM
Fox

FireCapture and Windows 10...help!!!

Dear all,

I have been using FireCapture v2.5 on my HP Pavillion laptop (Intel N3710, 1.60Ghz) quite happily with Windows 10 up to now. I realise its no core i3 or i5 processor, but its been doing the job fine so far. I have a ZWO ASI224MC planetary camera.

In my last session however, it all fell apart. Basically it's not capturing all the video properly, highly variable eg. a 60sec video will only capture say 15 seconds of chopped up video. I have subsequently verified the problem by recording an in-door video of a 60 second (iPad) timer using the supplied ZWO videocam lens, and the video was similarly all choppy and truncated.

I noticed the problem happening after (the lastest AP session) booting up the software was unusually slow, and it had trouble finding the ZWO driver. It's never behaved like that before. I am virtually 99.9% sure its due to some frakking Window 10 update (behind my back) which has corrupted the FireCapture software/driver. I have dumped and re-installed FireCapture v2.5 and I installed the latest ZWO drivers - but the problem is still the same. I have tried swapping to a spare USB3 port, but that didn't help at all.

I have to say that I am predominantly an Apple Mac user, and I have found Windows 10 & Office 365 at my workplace (esp. Outlook 365) a modern day monstrous disaster. To me, it would have to to be the most sh... software I have ever come across, and I hate Microsoft with absolute vengeance. The update to Windows 'modern day workplace' has been the most disruptive and unproductive experiences at work so far - thats another story altogether. Admittedly I am no expert with trying to troubleshoot/re-install on Windows etc.

Whats the best way to tackle this, is it possible to roll things back ???
Cheers
Fox