Thread: Buz Aldrin....
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2019, 11:45 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Peter
As hard as you may find this to believe I know nothing of any news from Sydney or elsewhere so I can't comment on other situations.

We all see things differently and indeed handle things differently and although I can't tell you how I would handle the situation you mention and although I don't know many of the facts relating to the months leading up to the Buzz incident I will venture how I would have acted with Buzzes annoying character...firstly I would not have taken him seriously and had a great deal of fun playing with him..if he wanted me to sweare on the Bible I would say sure which side ..both sides sure..next if he wanted to raise issues like the fluttering flag I would agree that the flag did flutter and that he has discovered something important and should work out why the flag fluttered on the Moon and further that his observation certainly precludes the notion of the landing being filmed in a studio cause there certainly is no wind in a studio. .why let fools upset you..particularly when they are only looking for attention which is so easy to capitalise upon...

I think it is nice everyone recognises that Buzz is a hero and even an old man and offer their respect for the great man he is..but he made the wrong response...and sure we can forgive him and say the other guy deserved what he got ( perhaps more in my view) but none of these things should take us away from the fact he threw a punch out of the blue and to some degree that says to others that a violent response is somehow justified or that those of hero status can enjoy higher mitigation than those less famous.

As to the Bible ..unfortunately it is hard to know what Jesus said given nothing he said was recorded in writing by an eye witness or in fact was anything recorded until generations after his death but I do think the turn the other cheek thing and love your fellow man and to forgive is perhaps the parts worth remembering.

And I know pretty well everyone here fails to see my point and I understand why as no one wants their hero charged with doing anything wrong and hasten to overlook his human shortfalls but clearly resorting to violence is no answer given the facts...I presume Buzz had helpers so the big question is why did they not head the problem off when it first arose...

Anyways a great thread and although I find that I am the only person prepared to make an unfavorable call..maybe Jeremys comment indicates something more my side ..I don't know..but being the only person with my stand does not cause me to think my views are not reasonable....

Alex